Position: Nursery Nurse
Pay: starting salary £10.42 – £11.67 per hour
Location: Muddy Puddles Nursery, Norwich
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per week: up to 38 hours per week (flexible, full time and part time available)
- This job is responsible for supporting the Room Supervisor and/or Deputy Nursery Manager in providing a high-quality nursery provision, catering for children aged from 2 months to 5 years, at the Nursery. The nursery is committed to the overarching aim of the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) framework which guides the work of all our early years’ practitioners. The primary focus of the role is to deliver a range of high quality creative and developmental nursery activities in line with policies and practice of the Nursery that meet standards and regulatory requirements.
Please click here for a full job description.
YMCA Norfolk is a great place to work, offering meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people. Working at YMCA Norfolk is an opportunity to be a part of an organisation which is challenging, innovative, rewarding and fun! We place young people at the heart of all we do and are committed to building an organisation that is responsive to the needs of young people and our stakeholders.
In April 2021 we opened Muddy Puddles Nursery to provide care and learning opportunities for the families and young children of Norwich. This service will offer families childcare from birth to 5, offering a wide range of activities, support and communications during their early years.
What you’ll need to succeed:
As a member of the nursery team, you’ll need to show initiative and creativity in fostering an environment which encourages children’s all-round development, providing high standard of care at all time. You’ll act as a keyworker to allocated children, and encourage the participation of parents and carers in their child’s time at the nursery.
Future progression to Nursery Room Leader may be possible following a proven period in this role.
What you’ll get in return:
- £500 signing on bonus (T&C’s apply)**
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- 34 days (pro rata) per annum inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays
- An additional day of annual leave (pro rata) awarded after 5 and 10 years of continuous Long Service
- Access to contributory stakeholder pension scheme after 3 months
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate our successes
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Regular line management and support
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café, Williams Kitchen Café, Explorers Soft Play & Muddy Puddles Nursery
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Vicki Palmer on 07849 085023 or email@example.com
To apply, please complete an Application Form and a Survey Form and forward along with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Vicki Palmer
YMCA Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check prior to starting employment.
** (£500 signing on bonus applies to external applicants only and will only apply to those vacancies indicated. The bonus will be paid to the employee once they have received written confirmation of successfully completing their probationary period as outlined in their contract of employment. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer of a signing on bonus at any time without notice).